These custom made wide wedge wire linear grates are manufactured by DrainTEK to order at any length. Prescribe the position of the outlet and choose its diameter to suit your verandas, landscaping, and pool surrounds. This is a fully Watermark certified drain custom made by DrainTEK in Melbourne from 316L stainless steel. This is the best value for money custom wedge wire outdoor linear grate for this quality.
The quoted price is made up of:
• The base manufacturing charge of $104.95.
• A charge of $0.25 for each mm of length (Select the width and then enter the length where prompted below).
A narrower 85mm variant is also available here.Read more
Linear Wedge Wire Grates - Modern Simplicity
DrainTEK's custom made wedge wire outdoor linear grates are manufactured to order at any length. You can prescribe exactly where you wish to position the outlet, and select the size of the outlet making it the versatile choice for any new build or renovation. The quality is superior to most outdoor grate products on the market and you will not find a better priced custom made linear drain at this quality level.
If you require a corner piece (for an L shape configuration), please add your corner piece here.
Sleek Wedge Wire Ideal for All Outdoor Spaces
The 120mm low profile linear grate is an architecturally designed water drainage solution for:
- Decks and balconies
- Paved surrounds
- Pool and spa areas
- Wet outdoor areas
Highest Quality Linear Drains For Landscaping
- Full 316L (low carbon) marine grade stainless steel
- Width of 120mm for a wider coverage
- The tray is 1.2mm thick for superior strength
- V profile drain tray for efficient water drainage
- Fully welded high load bearing wedge wire insert (3mm wedge wires and 3mm gaps)
- Manufactured in Australia to any length with specified outlet position and size
- Full 316L (low carbon) stainless steel tray and outlet (1.2mm thick) in any length
- V profile with 27mm depth for efficient drainage
- Choice of 50mm, 76mm, or 90mm diameter outlet at any position
- Watermark licensed under WMTS-040 - Certificate 23396
- Note: Tray lengths greater than 3,000mm will be supplied in multiple pieces with joiner plates. Simply affix the tray lengths together using the joiner plate with a quality waterproof adhesive sealant (eg. Sikaflex)
- Manufactured in Australia
- Wedge Wire Insert
- Wedge wires 3mm wide with 3mm gaps and 3mm x 20mm heavy duty supports
- Wedge wire support bars every 25mm for superior strength and heavy duty load support
- No plastic components
- Note: Insert lengths greater than 1,500mm will be supplied in multiple equal pieces unless you advise us otherwise. Longer inserts can be heavy and difficult to remove and handle safely. They butt up together for a seamless look
- Manufactured in Australia
- Lifetime Warranty
- Lifetime guarantee against manufacturing defects
Click on the icon below to download the PDF manual for this product
Typical Installation Steps
- Construct landscape surround in accordance with structural requirements leaving a penetration for drainage.
- Add a suitable drainage flange and fasten/bond in place and cap during the building phase. DrainTEK recommends using a suitable puddle flange with an internal diameter large enough for the outdoor grate outlet to fit loosely within.
- Complete water-proofing in accordance with AS3740 with waterproofing turned down into the plumbed drain.
Note: Do not integrate tray with the water-proofing as steel expands/contracts differently to other materials.
- Adjust the height of adjustable puddle flange (if installed) to suit desired outdoor grate height If your tray outlet is not attached, then adhere with a waterproof adhesive sealant prior to installation and ensure it is secure.
- Set tray at required height in mortar so the finished tiles will be just above the top edge of the grate tray.
Simple Modular Assembly
Simple bolt assembly - The standard channel module lengths have pre-installed bolt holes to affix the supplied end caps or joiner plates (for long lengths).
Bolts supplied - 316 Stainless Steel bolts are supplied for the installer to assemble the channel modules prior to installation
Utilise sealant - drainTEK recommends that a quality outdoor waterproof adhesive silicone is also used with the bolts at channel joins and end-caps to ensure a suitable seal
Affix and seal end-caps - Custom cut lengths of outdoor channels may not have the pre-installed bolt holes at one or both ends. In this case, simply use a quality outdoor waterproof adhesive silicone to affix and seal the end-cap.
Affix and seal outlets - Outlets are also to be affixed to the underside of the channel where holes have been drilled to order. Simply use a quality outdoor water proof adhesive silicone to affix and seal the outlet.