These custom made tile insert linear grates are manufactured by DrainTEK to order at any length. Insert your tiles into the removable tray to achieve an almost invisible drain in your patios, verandas, landscaping, pool areas, and outdoor wet areas! Prescribe the position of the outlet, and select the size of the outlet making it the versatile choice for any new build or renovation.
The quoted price is made up of:
• The base manufacturing charge of $104.95.
• A charge of $0.25 for each mm of length (Select the width and then enter the length where prompted below).
A narrower 85mm variant is also available here.Read more
Linear Tile Insert Grates - Minimalist Outdoor Drain
DrainTEK's custom made tile insert outdoor drainage grates are manufactured to order at any length. You can prescribe exactly where you wish to position the outlet, and select the size of the outlet making it the versatile choice for any new build or renovation. The quality is superior to most drain channel products on the market and you will not find a better priced custom made tile insert linear drain at this quality level.
If you require a corner piece (for an L shape configuration), please add your corner piece here.
Wide Tile Insert Drain Grates for Outdoor Applications
The 120mm low profile linear grate is an architecturally designed water drainage solution for:
- Decks and balconies
- Paved surrounds
- Pool and spa areas
- Wet outdoor areas
Highest Quality Linear Drains For Landscaping
- Full 316L (low carbon) marine grade stainless steel
- The tray in all materials are 1.2mm thick for superior strength
- 27mm low-profile V drain tray for efficient water drainage
- 13mm deep tile tray to accommodate most tiles and outdoor landscape installations
- Manufactured in Australia to any length with specified outlet position and size
- Full 316L (low carbon) marine grade stainless steel tray and outlet (1.2mm thick) in any length
- V profile with 27mm depth for efficient drainage
- Choice of 50mm, 76mm, or 90mm diameter outlet at any position
- Watermark licensed under WMTS-040 - Certificate 23396
- Note: Tray lengths greater than 3,000mm will be supplied in multiple pieces with joiner plates. Simply affix the tray lengths together using the joiner plate with a quality waterproof adhesive sealant (eg. Sikaflex)
- Manufactured in Australia
- Tile Insert Tray
- Full 316L (low carbon) marine grade stainless steel 1.2mm thick
- Support feet along entire length for heavy duty load support
- No plastic components
- Note: Insert lengths greater than 1,500mm will be supplied in multiple equal pieces unless you advise us otherwise. Longer inserts can be heavy and difficult to remove and handle safely.
- Manufactured in Australia
- Lifetime Warranty
- Lifetime guarantee against manufacturing defects
Click on the icon below to download the PDF manual for this product
Typical Installation Steps
- Construct landscape surround in accordance with structural requirements leaving a penetration for drainage.
- Add a suitable drainage flange and fasten/bond in place and cap during the building phase. DrainTEK recommends using a suitable puddle flange with an internal diameter large enough for the outdoor grate outlet to fit loosely within.
- Complete water-proofing in accordance with AS3740 with waterproofing turned down into the plumbed drain.
Note: Do not integrate tray with the water-proofing as steel expands/contracts differently to other materials.
- Adjust the height of adjustable puddle flange (if installed) to suit desired outdoor grate height If your tray outlet is not attached, then adhere with a waterproof adhesive sealant prior to installation and ensure it is secure.
- Set tray at required height in mortar so the finished tiles will be just above the top edge of the grate tray.
Simple Modular Assembly
- Simple bolt assembly - The standard channel module lengths have pre-installed bolt holes to affix the supplied end caps or joiner plates (for long lengths).
- Bolts supplied - 316 Stainless Steel bolts are supplied for the installer to assemble the channel modules prior to installation
- Utilise sealant - drainTEK recommends that a quality outdoor water proof adhesive silicone is also used with the bolts at channel joins and end-caps to ensure a suitable seal
- Affix and seal end-caps - Custom cut lengths of outdoor channels may not have the pre-installed bolt holes at one or both ends. In this case simply use a quality outdoor water proof adhesive silicone to affix and seal the end-cap.
- Affix and seal outlets - Outlets are also to be affixed to the underside of the channel where holes have been drilled to order. Simply use a quality outdoor water proof adhesive silicone to affix and seal the outlet.