This wedge wire (heel guard) outdoor drain is designed and rated for heavy vehicle traffic. It is B125 rated for vehicle weights up to 12.5 tonnes so is perfect for driveway and carpark installation. Made from 316L (low carbon) stainless steel for premium durability with thick support bars for maximum strength capacity. The wedge wire grate is fully welded high load-bearing suitable for high traffic areas. Made in Australia to your specifications - any length and any outlet position(s).
The quoted price is made up of:
• The base manufacturing charge of $83.95.
• A charge of $0.35 for each mm of length (Enter the length in mm where prompted below).
This heavy duty linear outdoor channel drain is all 316L (low carbon) stainless steel - no plastic parts. Simply enter your required length in mm and the required position of the outlet(s) and it will be made to order and supplied in parts as per the installation information.
- Full marine grade 316L (low carbon) stainless steel for premium corrosion resistance (suits coastal regions)
- B125 heavey vehicle rated to bear heavy traffic
- Sleek brushed stainless steel wedge wire grates provide a modern architectural look
- Perfect architectural styling for premium installations
Heavy Duty Wedge Wide Grate Top
- Fully welded high load bearing wedge wire insert - 5mm wedge wires and 5mm gaps for a uniform look
- 5mm x 20mm side walls for superior strength
- Separate lengths are butted against each other for a seamless look
- If multiple wedgewire inserts are required they will be custom cut to equal lengths
- 1.2mm thick stainless steel for heavy duty durability
- 51mm deep stepped tray for efficient water drainage
- Simple modular components and assembly allows for DIY installation
- Stainless steel joiner plates and end caps easy to assemble with supplied 316SS fixings or a suitable silicone adhesive
- Composition: Full 316L (low carbon) Marine Grade Stainless Steel
- Vehicle rating: B125 providing for vehicles up to 12.5 tonne
- Tray: 1.2mm thick steel. 120mm wide. 51mm deep
- Grate insert: Fully welded. Heavy duty 5mm x 20mm side walls and 5mm wedge wires with 5mm gaps.
- Grate design: Wedgewire design. Also known as "Heel Guard" design as it is suitable for high heels
- Joiner plate and end cap: Full 316L (low carbon) stainless steel
- Fixing bolts: Full 316L (low carbon) stainless steel
- Optional outlet(s): 50mm diameter to suit 50mm diameter (or greater) drainage plumbing
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects
- Length: Made to customer ordered length. Supplied in modulels up to 3000mm
- Corners: drainTEK can supply corner modules - simply contact us to discuss
- Made to order in Australia
Drainage Channel Tray Lengths
The drainage channel will be supplied in modules to fulfill your required length with joiner plates and end caps. The following are the channel module sizes:
- 3.0 metre (3000mm) length
- 2.0 metre (2000mm) length
- 1.0 metre (1000mm) length
- 0.5 metre (500mm) length
- Custom length (to complete your overall ordered length)
So, for example, if you order a total linear length of 5.4 metres we will supply:
- 1 x 3.0 metre (3000mm) trays
- 1 x custom pre-cut 2.4 metre (2400mm) tray
- 1 x tray joiner plates and fixings
- 2 x tray end caps and fixings
*PLEASE NOTE: the top folded lip on the supplied end-caps is 4mm wide. So if you are ordering a 1000mm tray, once you add two end-caps the overall exterior length will be 1008mm (1000mm tray + 2 x 4mm endcaps). Therefore please allow for any endcaps in your overall ordered length.
Simple Modular Assembly
- Simple bolt assembly - The standard channel module lengths have pre-installed bolt holes to affix the supplied end caps or joiner plates (for long lengths).
- Bolts supplied - 316 Stainless Steel bolts are supplied for the installer to assemble the channel modules prior to installation
- Utilise sealant - drainTEK recommends that a quality outdoor waterproof adhesive silicone is also used with the bolts at channel joins and end-caps to ensure a suitable seal
- Affix and seal end-caps - Custom cut lengths of outdoor channels may not have the pre-installed bolt holes at one or both ends. In this case, simply use a quality outdoor waterproof adhesive silicone to affix and seal the end-cap.
- Affix and seal outlets - Outlets are also to be affixed to the underside of the channel where holes have been drilled to order. Simply use a quality outdoor waterproof adhesive silicone to affix and seal the outlet.
Drainage Grate Insert - Wedge Wire (Heel Guard)
The drainage grate is supplied in lengths of up to 3.0m (3000mm). If a total length greater than 3.0m is ordered we will supply multiple grates in equal lengths. So, for example, if you order a total linear length of 5.4 metres we will supply 2 x 2.7 metre (2700mm) lengths. These butt against each other for a seamless look.