This dimmable 8.6 watt LED down light kit has a low profile rear heat sink designed for limited space ceiling cavities. It produces 560 lumens of warm white light (equivalent to 39W halogen globe). It is a great solution to replace your existing halogen downlights, or to fit out a new home with the latest technology.Read more
This dimmable 8.6 watt LED down light kit is specifically designed to suit 70mm ceiling cut-outs, making it one of the most versatile LED downlight in the market. If you just want a high performance light that will fit all Australian standard 70mm ceiling holes - this is it!
The light is produced by LUMEX - one of the best Australian LED lighting specialists. Future proof your house and reap all the economic, safety, and environmental benefits of LED lighting - start saving big dollars! Best of all, it is a DIY product as it has a standard Australian plug. Simply get sockets installed on your lighting circuit and plug them in.
A LED light is superior to a LED retrofit globe
Replacing the whole light fitting is a superior concept to just replacing the halogen globe. There are LED globes that replicate halogen globes. However, they are constrained by the traditional size of of the halogen globe and therefore have smaller heat sinks and therefore shorter life expectations. In simple terms: we suggest a replacement of the entire light and transformer set-up rather than just the globe. That way you can be completely assured of its compatibility with your household electricity and dimmers, and get the most out of the new technology.
Finally - a LED light designed to just work
The design and construction of this light sets it apart from many on the market. It is designed to replace the entire existing downlight fitting. It will simply fit in a standard 70mm diameter (halogen down light) ceiling hole. IMPORTANT: Unlike most LED lights on the market, the LED transformer (driver) that comes in this kit has been specifically manufactured for and tested within the Australian market. This means it is capable of modulating for Australia's variable power surges and spikes, and it will operate with standard dimming switches.
Friendly warm light - designed for the home
This light suits just about all household lighting situations as it boasts:
- A warm white colour (2700K) that is perfect for indoor spaces.
- The same brightness as a 39 watt incandescent globe (560 lumens), and
- A 24 degree beam angle perfect for highlighting areas.
- It has a built in gimble (so it can be tilted for sloped ceilings or to highlight a picture)
- It is dimmable and, unlike some LED lights on the market, it is designed to work with all current Australian mainstream dimmer models. Our recommended dimmer for best dimming range and performance is the Lumex LED dimmer
- LED Manufacturer: Lumex
- LED Chip: 8.6W SMD
- LED Driver: LED Driver Included
- Light Colour: Warm White 2700K
- Light Brightness: 560 Lumens (39W Halogen Equivalent)
- Dimmable: Yes
- Ceiling Hole Diameter: 65mm - 75mm
- Warranty: 7 Years
- Fixture Depth: 78mm
- Fixture Diameter: 90mm
- Gimble Tilt: 15deg left and right
- Lens: Diffused Glass
- CRI: >80 (very high)
- Beam Angle: 24deg
- Transformer Input/Output: 220-240V AC / 9-24V
- IP Rating: IP40
- Compliance and Safety: SAA, C-tick
- Installation Options: Plug In or Hard Wire