Traditional houses usually have two taps where one is connected to hot water supply and the other to cold water supply. Modern houses and builders are now featuring mixer taps, where one can draw hot and cold water supply from two different sources, but still can flow and come out in a single tap. This article will give you tips on how to replace two taps with a mixer tap.
Changing into a Kitchen Mixer tap has lots of benefits, which includes style and convenience. If you replace two taps with mixer tap, you’ll also save energy bills because most mixer taps are fitted with flow limiters.
Here’s a simple guide on how to replace two taps with a mixer tap:
- Before you start doing anything, make sure the water supply is turned off to avoid flooding your kitchen. Turn the valve off and test it by turning on your taps.
- Next, you need to see the pipe connectors. Remove everything under your sink to see and access pipe connectors easily.
- Remove the old tap by using the necessary tools to disconnect it from the main taps. Of course, you can always contact professional plumbers to do this.
- Clean off any debris left under the old tap.
- Now comes the fun part. Fit your new mixer tap, this is usually easier than removing the old one. Most mixer taps come with installation instructions so make sure you check with your supplier, or in your supplier’s website. Usually, you just have to slot the pipes through the kitchen sink holes.
- Of course, you don’t want your tap to wobble, so make sure you secure the underside of the tap to the sink.
- Connect the tap to the water pipes, and replace rubber washers and o-rings with a new one. Make sure it’s tight and sealed, to prevent any leaks.
- To check if everything is working fine, turn on the water valve, and then turn on the kitchen mixer tap. While the tap is turned on, check for leaks on all sides.