Under-tile heating is a must if you wish to avoid the harshness of stone cold tiles in winter. You can set on/off times throughout the day or control it manually or by a thermostat. These systems add value to your home and cheap to run due to their low watt usage.
The Hotwire system is the simplest to install and perfect for a DIY project. It is the only system that can be installed into small spaces so you have no cold spots. The kit includes a fully SAA compliant heating element and programmable touch screen thermostat/timer controller. Full DIY installation instructions and videos are available - or we have many recommended installers Australia-wide.Read more
Under tile heating can augment your existing heating or be a total solution
Many homeowners believe that under-floor heating is not necessary when they are installing other home heating solutions. This is simply not the case - whilst under-tile heating can be used to heat a room, it can also be used to simply heat the floor. Have you ever been in a traditionally heated tiled room? The room feels warm at head hight, but the floor is cold and it is not comfortable walking in bare feet. Under-floor heating can be your entire heating solution, or it can simply augment your other heating systems.
Did you know that ducted heating can cause a temperature difference of up to 12 degrees between the floor and ceiling? Under Tile Heating heats uniformly form the floor to ceiling and will also save you hundreds of dollars in the long run compared to bathroom heat lamps. As a total bathroom heating solution its running costs compare very favourably to other heating solutions such as heat lamps - see below.
Benefits of Under Tile Heating
- Invisible heat - a natural feeling of warmth with no fans or ducts
- On demand - fast to warm up (circa 30 minutes)
- Warm floor - warmth where you need it the most
- Asthma and allergy friendly - no air or dust movement from ducted heating
- Cheap to run - about 2c per square metre per hour (at average household electricity prices and room size)
- Dry floor - the heat dries floors and reduces chances of mould and cleaning requirements
- Better bathrooms - as heat lamps are not required exhaust fans can be placed over showers
- Programmable - automatic heat for when you need it and temperature controls
- Easy installation - DIY Installation Instructions and guide are included.
- Safe - cable is only circa 50°C so tiles will not crack
- Maintenance free - Once installed it is maintenance free.
Hotwire Product Benefits
|Hotwire Benefits||Power usage per square metre|
|Provides automation to suit busy lifestyle||m2||Watts||Ohms||Amps|
|Very economical installation||1||150||352.67||0.65|
|Minimal operation costs||1.5||225||235.11||0.98|
|Minimal addition to floor level||2||300||176.33||1.30|
|Can be installed in new building or renovations||2.5||375||141.07||1.63|
|Carries a Full "Ten Year Comprehensive Manufacturer's Warranty"||3||450||117.56||1.96|
|We ensure the highest sandard of preformance, safety and reliability||3.5||525||100.76||2.28|
|A complete electrical service is available||4||600||88.17||2.61|
|Choice of high quality controllers suit your life style||4.5||675||78.37||2.93|
|Set Mats for ease of installation||6||900||58.78||3.91|
|Detailed installation instructions provided||7||1050||50.38||4.57|
|Mats available to suit all areas||8||1200||44.08||5.22|
|PTFE Teflon insulation provides maximum durability||9||1350||39.19||5.87|
|Copper braided earth screen provided safety and toughness||10||1500||35.27||6.52|
|Multi-stranded conductor provided flexibility and durability|
|Design wattage is150w per m2|
|Fully Trained technicians avaiable nationwide|
|Approved and certified to IEC 800 International Standards|
|Mat is 500mm wide (450mm wire to wire)|